The loss of a loved one is one of the most painful experiences in your life. You must choose how to conduct the send-off when you lose your loved one. You may go for direct cremation in Yukon, OK, a burial or a traditional cremation. If you choose direct cremation for your loved one, you will need a good cremation service provider to hold your hand during the grieving period.
You may have heard of a direct cremation but do not know what it entails. This article will look at what you need to know about direct cremation services. Read on to learn more.
What Is a Direct Cremation?
A direct cremation, also known as basic cremation, is a cremation without a funeral service and no attendees. It is the cheapest and most fuss-free farewell for your loved one. The cremation is conducted, and the funeral directors return the cremates to the family.
In a direct cremation, your departed loved ones will receive the same high-quality care as one with any other service. Direct cremation is the cheapest as it avoids the additional cost of transportation to and fro the service, embalming, body viewing, and funeral service costs.
After the death of your loved one, you take the deceased directly to the crematorium. Direct cremation eliminates the need for body preparation and embalming. With this cremation service, you cannot choose the time and date of the cremation beforehand. The body is cremated in a simple coffin, and the funeral director gives you the ashes to do as you wish.
Direct cremation in Yukon, OK, appeals most to people who cannot afford a traditional funeral or those who do not want to go through the process of planning for a funeral.
Benefits of Direct Cremation
Many people are embracing the idea of direct cremation recently. Some of the reasons why more people are taking up direct cremation in the country, include;
- – Direct cremation is considered eco-friendlier than burials because it uses fewer resources and is less labor intensive. Forgoing embalming reduces pollution from the burning chemicals used in the process.
- – Direct cremation services are gaining popularity as they are simple and easy to plan. Planning funerals can be quite stressful and time-consuming; it takes all this stress away, and you can concentrate on your grieving and healing process.
- – Direct cremation is cheap as it does not include additional costs applicable in funeral services like casket costs, embalming costs, and transportation during the funeral service.
- – Direct cremation offers flexibility. You may choose to hold a ceremony after the cremation or forgo it altogether.
- – There are no time constraints with direct cremation as there are no time proceedings. The body will be cremated, and you will get the ashes and plan for a memorial service at your convenience. This is handy for those with family far away who want to attend the service.
- – You get to say farewell to your loved ones in your way without being constricted by traditional services and practices.