Direct Cremation is Growing in Popularity, and Here’s Why
Direct cremation in Mustang, OK, is becoming a more common option for people because it offers many benefits, but if you’ve never been through the process before, you might be confused about what happens. There is a difference between traditional and direct cremation services, so this article will explain them more in-depth to give you a better understanding.
What is Cremation?
Cremation, in general, has several steps to it, and once the individual arrives at the facility, they will be identified, and the appropriate paper will need to be filled out to move forward with the process. Their body will be washed and dressed, and any medical devices and jewelry will be removed. They will then be placed into a combustible vessel and placed in a chamber that will reach temperatures of up to 1800 degrees.
The process takes between two and three hours, and once the remains are cooled down, any remaining metal fragments will be removed, the remains are placed into a processor to break them down into a fine substance, and they are returned to their loved ones.
What is the Difference Between Traditional and Direct?
Direct cremation is going through the cremation without having any form of service held. Traditional cremation may include a service, meaning the body may need to be embalmed, especially if there will be a viewing before the event. It can also include other factors like details such as:
- – A gathering with food and beverage services
- – Having a eulogy reading
- – Showing a video memorial tribute
- – Renting a facility for attendees
- – Picking floral arrangements and decorations
- – Including clergy members for the services
Traditional cremations will require more details than a direct one, and some reasons individuals may pick a direct cremation are:
- – They can be more affordable than traditional burial or going through services.
- – Direct cremation will give you more time to plan if you want to have a memorial service because you know the body does not have to be held for an extended period.
- – They work well if you’re looking for a simpler approach to laying an individual to rest because it doesn’t require purchasing things like caskets, headstones, or burial vaults.
Another consideration that will need to be made is the type of urn or vessel you want to store the individual’s remains in. A standard urn can hold between three and nine pounds of remains, so choose the size according to the situation’s needs. There are also smaller urns called keepsakes for pets or children and companion ones that can hold two individuals’ remains together in the same container or on one plaque.
Quality and Commitment to Our Clients
Direct cremation in Mustang, OK, offers many benefits, and it might feel like the right decision, so if you need help getting started with planning the process, we would love to help you. We have been in business since 2014 and have helped thousands of individuals go through the experience, so if you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment for financing information, contact us today to get started.