There are many ways to lay a loved one to rest, and whether it is you or someone else doing the planning, you might be considering a funeral or direct cremation in Yukon, OK, and you could need some extra information. Understanding what the steps are and the essential documentation is essential, so this article will outline some things to consider and some tips to help get you started.
What Does Pre-Planning Offer?
Pre-planning is something that individuals can do because it helps offer many different benefits, including:
- – The individual doing the planning knows that their wishes will be fulfilled.
- – Because grief can be a complex process, it can alleviate the stress of family or friends needing to plan the event.
- – It can help alleviate any misunderstandings or individuals having a hard time making decisions about what needs to be planned.
- – The services can be prepaid, meaning your loved ones don’t have to worry about coming up with funding to cover the costs.
- – It can save money by paying for the event over time instead of upfront and all at once.
Understanding the Details
Depending on the type of services that you choose to have, there can be several different details that could be included in the memorial services, and just a few popular options are:
- – Having a live video feed of the service
- – Showing a video memorial tribute
- – Having a eulogy read for the attendees
- – Having a food and beverage service or reception
- – Including clergy members to partake in the event
- – Choosing between funeral or cremation
- – Purchasing the urn
- – Purchasing a cemetery plot, casket, liner, and headstone
- – Picking out the decorations and floral arrangements
Several other details could be considered, and it is recommended to meet with a reputable crematory to help create the plan. You want to find a company that you can trust, so here are some questions you can ask them to ensure they are going to meet your needs:
- – Will the property be able to accommodate the level of attendees?
- – Are they willing to work with different cultural or religious traditions?
- – Do they outsource any of their services?
- – Do they have a transparent pricing list?
- – How long have they been in business?
- – What other areas of support do they offer?
Essential Paperwork to Gather
Another aspect of creating a plan is to make sure any important paperwork is available; some examples are:
- – Stocks or bond certificates
- – Insurance information with beneficiaries
- – Savings or checking account information
- – Titles for vessels or vehicles
- – Business information
- – Daily paperwork such as monthly expenses like bills, mortgages, or gym memberships
- – Prearranged contracts like storage unit rentals
Affordable and Exceptional Care
Pre-planning is just one part of creating an event, and if you are looking for help with planning or a simpler option like direct cremation in Yukon, OK, we are here to help. We are locally owned and have been in business since 2014 providing exceptional care and streamlined services for all our clients, so contact us today if you have any questions about financing and other related info.