What To Ask When Shopping For A Cremation
So a family member has died and all you know is that they wanted to be cremated. You start calling “cremation services” and ask about pricing because you don’t really know what else to ask. Not a big deal because all cremation services are the same, the only difference is price, right? Wrong.
Though any of the 400+ licensed funeral establishments in Oklahoma can offer cremation as a service, less than 9% actually preform or have any control over the actual cremation itself.
Is this really a any big deal? Yes, and I’ll share with you why.
Most funeral homes use a third party, warehouse crematory service to preform the actual cremation on their behalf. These third parties also pick up the body from the place of death, not your funeral home, which means the funeral home may never even see the body let alone be able provide you with any real assurance as to the integrity of the cremation itself.
It boils down to this: how can you be assured who’s ashes are in the urn? Good question, one of several we recommend that you ask.
Questions You Should Ask When Shopping For A Cremation Provider in Oklahoma:
- Do they preform the actual cremation or use a third party?
- What is the physical address to where the body goes?
- Can you inspect the crematory they use?
- Can you review their policy and procedure agreement with the third party crematory?
- What is their process for assuring the identity throughout the cremation process?
- Do they charge for an identification viewing?
- What is the total cost for the cremation… meaning the amount you will put on your check? This usually brings out any hidden or undisclosed fees such as permits, required cremation containers or transportation to the crematory.
Oklahoma City Cremation is an actual crematory and is licensed by the state of Oklahoma to offer its services to the general public. It was conceived, designed and built for those who “Just Want Cremation”™. Our crematory is located on-site and is open for public inspection. We are the only crematory in Oklahoma to have a Worry Free Cremation™ process which includes a Positive ID Protocol™ and HD Video Oversite™ for verification.
Visit us at www.oklahomacitycremation.com