Regardless of when it happens, losing a loved one can be a harrowing experience for everyone involved. Grief has no set time limit, so it’s essential to understand that connecting with others can be a significant part of the healing process.
If you have started looking at companies that provide direct cremation in Yukon, OK, it’s essential to find a company that can help you through the steps. The reception can be an integral part of bringing everyone together, so here is more information on getting started.
Why Have the Reception?
The primary function of having a reception after the cremation is to allow friends or families to gather, so they know that they are not alone in their process of grief. It can also offer an opportunity for others to be of service and help contribute to the function, which can foster a sense of healing.
What are the Details
One of the event’s main components is to pick an area where you would like to have it. In some cases, the deceased may have already had this listed in their last wishes, but if not, a few suggestions you can choose from are:
– Holding the event at the funeral home or crematory while everyone is present for the services
– Asking friends or family if they have room to host the event at their home or property
– Reserving space in a park or an outdoor area that the deceased loved to visit
– Renting a specific space that can hold all the attendees that will need to be there
The next part of the process will be choosing what kind of food service there’s going to be, and this can consist of:
– Hiring a company to cater the event
– Setting up a potluck so others can bring different food
– Choosing a more straightforward approach with appetizers only
– Providing a desert only form of service
– Serving alcohol or keeping it more specific with just a coffee and tea beverage service
After you’ve decided on the kind of food service you’re going to have, you’ll need to pick the decorations you’d like to include. These can consist of taking favorite hobbies or activities of the deceased and incorporating them into the event. If the individual had a favorite sports team, you might consider utilizing those colors as part of the decoration.
A Company Focused on Community
As you can see, multiple details can go into planning a reception and one thing that can be highly beneficial is to make sure that you ask for help if needed. The grief process can be complicated for some, so we always recommend asking others if they can complete tasks to help our fleet out and lower stress levels.
Oklahoma City Cremation offers the highest quality direct cremation in Yukon, OK, and we strive to create affordable options for all our clients. If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, we would love to help you, so give us a call today to get started.